"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. " Jim Rohn
Our physiotherapist, will use his advanced knowledge of how the body works and moves to perform a detailed assessment to diagnose your condition and look for any contributing factors to your symptoms. The techniques used by your physiotherapist are selected based on the combination of factors found in the assessment. Each treatment technique creates its own physiological effect in the body including:
- Improve muscular motor control to improve biomechanical function
- Reduce compression on nerves and blood vessels to reduce symptoms and increase circulation
- Reduce compressive load caused by muscle shortening that leads to wear and tear on the joint surface
- Restore lost motion of the joints of the body
- Correct any muscle imbalances that may be contributing to your condition by developing an individualized exercise program to stretch, strengthen or relax involved muscles
- Stimulate optimal tissue healing of tendons, muscles, and ligaments
- Educate on self-treatment and preventative measures
- Reduce pain by creating pain blocking stimuli and releasing bodily chemicals (endorphins) that help relieve pain
- Improve the flexibility and mobility of muscle, fascia and nerves
- Prepare the body for a return to activity
We will help to rehabilitate your injuries, manage pain, improve your mobility and physical activity, improve and maintain your optimal functional independence, and optimize your overall health and well-being through movement and exercise, manual therapy, treatment modalities, education and advice.
Allow our Physiotherapists to develop a personalized treatment plan and maintenance program based on your specific needs today!